2.06.2012

Guest Post: Valentine Doily Banner from Mess for Less

I am super excited to introduce our very first guest...drum roll...Vicky from Mess for Less!  Vicky is here today to share an adorable Valentine project that she made with her daughters (I can't wait to make this!). Be sure to stop over to Mess for Less for more inspiration!


Hi, I'm Vicky from Mess For Less and I am so excited to be guest posting here at mk inspired today. Thanks to Krista for the invitation!  I love to come up with fun activities for my kids that don't cost a fortune. I blog about these adventures, along with family friendly kids food, mommy crafts and money saving tips. Please stop by and say hi!

The project I am sharing today is a Valentine's Doily Banner that will brighten up your home. My favorite things about it? The fact that it was cheap (the whole thing cost me $1) and that I was able to incorporate my kids artwork in it.


Supplies you will need:
  • Kids artwork
  • Doilies
  • Glue
  • Scissors
  • Ribbon

Previously, I had the kids do some Golf Ball Painting. It was a fun activity and I was so happy with results that I thought I could use their artwork to create a banner.


I bought some red doilies at the dollar store and cut the center solid heart out of one of them. I used that heart as a template and then traced hearts onto the dried golf ball paintings. I then cut out the painted hearts and glued them to the middle of the doilies. Next, I strung the doilies on some red polka dot ribbon that I had leftover from Christmas. 


Then I hung them on the mantle. These would look great in an entry way too.


The kids loved seeing their artwork as part of the banner.


I hope you enjoy making this Valentine's banner with your kids. No one will believe it just cost you $1.




Vicky



Thank you, Vicky, for sharing this GREAT project with us! I love how you incorporated the girls' paintings! We can't wait to see what you come up with next!  

Ok...now head on over and say hello!  :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute. I wanted to make a banner with using my dollar store doilies (like these). I'm going to do a different twist. Maybe it will make it to my blog. Sigh! I haven't written in it since before Christmas. Personal reasons...

    Thanks for sharing Krista and Vicky

    ReplyDelete