10.09.2011

Decor that Fits

Do you ever find yourself standing in Home Goods or the back of Marshall’s drooling over all of the fun decorative art? I do.  How about Pottery Barn catalogs? They suck me right in and I feel like a kid at Christmastime.

We have purchased great things from all of the above and each piece fits perfectly in our home. But do you want to know what I like best? I like being able to make things that reflect who we are. When I can’t find the right décor out in stores or online, I roll up my sleeves and get to work. After brainstorming, thumbnailing and paintovers - I love creating things that scream…us. 

Here are some fun clubhouse-ish type wood slats that I painted for my daughter’s room. I chose words that she will never outgrow and freehanded them for a  playful feel.







Materials: unfinished wood, paint

{Link up and join the party over @ Tatertots & Jello & Six Sisters' Stuff!}

10 comments:

  1. These wood things are soo cute! They look like something you could buy in pottery barn kids for over $100 for the set. I have just made some acrylic paintings for my girls rooms that I made for them before they were born, but now that they are getting older I may need to re-do their rooms and do something cute like that. You can check out my blog if you want alli321.wordpress.com. It's nothing fancy, just a place where I post pictures of my knitting stuff and other projects. I keep planning on making it better, but haven't found the time yet...one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the painted signs! I also love the colors in your daughter's room! My daughter has a pink and green color scheme too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. visiting from tt&j! I love how these turned out! What kind of wood did you use for them? Just lovely :)

    I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party.. oh and enter my TinyPrints giveaway too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - I love this idea! I want to do this for my niece (who is just about to get her own room)!!! You should come and enter my Vanilla Bean Paste giveaway! http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2011/11/vanilla-bean-paste-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your nice comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is darling! I am pinning these to make someday for my little girl! We would love to have you stop by and share this at our link party:
    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/11/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-21.html
    Have a great weekend!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the inspiration. I am going to do this for the Special One's room. Thank you so much for sharing. I will follow on my way out so I can revisit. I hope you can find the time to come visit me and do the same. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome and thank you, SpecialK! Happy New Year to you! :)

    krista @ mk inspired

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute, I should do this!

    Tamika @ www.notimefortea.com

    ReplyDelete