3.28.2012

DIY Easter Grass



Confession: I am not a fan of old school plastic Easter grass (thanks Mom!). So instead of searching for the perfect basket filler, we made our own.  First, we painted a few sheets of white computer paper (both sides) with springy green craft paint. I used a dry brush method to exaggerate the streaks to give it a grass-like look.





Then, we ripped the paper into long strips to create our grass. I love the torn paper look.





If this stuff ends up scattered all over our house on Easter morning I don’t think I will mind so much. :)




Check out this project and more over at:
30 Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello

2 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea!!! I featured it on my blog!

    http://acreativecookie.blogspot.com/2012/04/five-things-friday-8-easter.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feature, Kate! Awesome!!! :)

    Krista @ mk inspired

    ReplyDelete