11.21.2011

mk Bakes: Soft Pumpkin Cookies





A student stopped by my room one day and left a sweet treat on my desk. It looked like a chocolate chip cookie but it was orangey in color. I thought it was a little strange looking -  but since my absolute favorite cookie is a soft and chewy chocolate chip, I had to ignore the color. I am glad I did!  It took me about 2 seconds to figure out that it was a  pumpkin chocolate chip cookie – genius! So, I would like to share one of our favorite cookie recipes with you:




Ingredients:

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla



Directions:

1) Mix pumpkin, sugar, veggie oil, egg and vanilla.
2) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3) Dissolve the baking soda with milk and stir in.
4) Add flour mix to pumpkin mix…mix well.
5) Drop by spoonful on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for
    approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown/firm.


Recommended ingredient additions:  chocolate chips, nuts, craisins, cream cheese icing… yum!


Enjoy!!!




{Link up and join the party @ 30 Handmade Days }

1 comment: